Patio stages are becoming the norm in the suburbs as we solidify our place in Phase 3 on the reopening timeline. Here are a few local joints with shows this weekend:
BaseCamp Pub: 5750 Lakeside Drive, Lisle; (331) 777-4712 or basecamppub.com
• Sk8er Boyz Live: 8 p.m. Friday, June 19
• CK and The Gray Acoustic Set: 8 p.m. Saturday, June 20
BrauerHouse: 1000 N. Rohlwing Road, Lombard; (630) 495-2141 or brauerhouse.com
• VYSE, David Paige and Stephanie Fravel: 7 p.m. Saturday, June 20
Hey Nonny: 10 S. Vail Ave., Arlington Heights; sign up for dining seating time at (224) 202-0750 or heynonny.com
• Eric Quigley: 4 p.m.-close Friday, June 19
• Emi Tanabe and Gabriel Dactu: brunch starts at 11 a.m., dinner at 4 p.m. Saturday, June 20
• Despina Pafralides: 5 p.m.-close Tuesday, June 23
• Brian Allison: 5 p.m.-close Wednesday, June 24
• Paolo Apuli: 5 p.m.-close Thursday, June 25
Penny Road Pub: 545 Penny Road, Barrington; (847) 428-0562 or pennyroadpub.com
• Physical Graffiti: 3 p.m. Saturday, June 20
• The Renegades: 4 p.m. Saturday, June 20
• Onset: 9 p.m. Saturday, June 20
• Two Beer Tommy: 3 p.m. Sunday, June 21
Wolfden Brewing: 112 W. Lake St., Bloomingdale; (847) 610-5117 or wolfdenbrewing.com
• Matt Shukin: 6 p.m. Saturday, June 20
Do you know of other venues with outdoor patio shows coming up? Let us know at email@example.com.
Tunes to go
Chicago’s own Lil’ Ed of The Blues Imperials hops in the truck and plays FitzGerald’s Stay-At-Home Concert Series from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday. The performance will be in South Berwyn, but the concert will be streamed live on facebook.com/fitzgeraldsnightclub. The show is free, but donations to support the artists and FitzGerald’s staff can be made through Venmo @fitzgeraldsnightclub or PayPal at paypal.me/fitzgeraldsnightclub.
Bitter Jester competition
Bitter Jester’s revamped annual music celebration has taken to the internet for this summer. Each week, Bitter Jester posts a roster of new songs on Facebook.com/BitterJesterBattle and the IGTV posts on Instagram.com/bitterjester_musicfestival. Your votes throughout the week (ending at 11:59 p.m. Friday), as well as the decision of a panel of judges, will determine who moves on to the final round June 29. Check out this week’s lineup:
• “A Letter to the Girl on the Bus” by Linda Therese
• “Back At You” by Scorched Waves
• “The Deep” by Angels of Duality
• “Fighting For My Life” by Bec Bradshaw
• “Fire in the Woods” by Røtten Apple
• “Galactic Crab” by Fightin’ Bob
• “Give Me Time (To Make It Right)” by Jamie Loewenthal
• “Officer Fiddlesticks” by Architect
• “Peach Trees” by Ax and the Hatchetmen
• “See You In The Next Life” by Panda Plane
• “Shell City” by Feed the Monkeys
• “So Small” by Neptune’s Core
• “Trust” by Z&D
• “Whatever You’re Looking For” by Kate Larson
Congratulations to the winners of week 2 who will move on to the final round: Fluctuation and Finding Love Among My Echo!
Side Street’s virtual battle
Four weeks down, four weeks to go in the Side Street Studio Arts’ virtual Battle of the Bands. Last Saturday, 3 Posers ran off with this weekend’s Round 1 win for $100 and a slot in the Aug. 8 Final Round. The battle is taking this weekend off, but it’ll return Saturday, June 27, with The Mini Projects and Hunter Funk’s Funk Hunters. Visit sidestreetstudioarts.com/battleofthebands for more information and to check out the recent contestants.
Sound Check Presents …
Brothers Devin and Patrick Parker of Chicago pop-rock band Til Morning join us at 7 p.m. Thursday, June 18, on Instagram.com/chicagosoundcheck.
And catch us again next week when most members of Chicago-area punk band Take the Reins treat us to an acoustic set and chats at 7 p.m. Thursday, June 25.
• Brian Shamie is a Daily Herald multiplatform editor and local music junkie. Email him at firstname.lastname@example.org, find him on Facebook or follow him on Twitter (@thatshamieguy) or Instagram (@chicagosoundcheck).