#craftbeergirl’s throwing a party
McLeod Media Company presents the #craftbeergirl Birthday Bash, a night of hard rocking and alternative music at Chicago’s Elbo Room. Celebrate Coren McLeod’s birthday along with tunes from Jillian Somera and the Beta Option, Overclocked, Welcome to Jonestown, Purge and Rebuild, Conway and Little Lord Robert. 8 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 19, at Elbo Room, 2871 N. Lincoln Ave., Chicago. (773) 549-5549 or elboroomlive.com.
Show time in St. Charles
The Arcada Theatre hosts a massive lineup of shows over the next week including the storied history of Jefferson Starship, the influential southern rock hits of the Marshall Tucker Band, jazz sax favorites from Kenny G and Engelbert Humperdinck’s Brit-pop ballads, among others:
• The Artimus Pyle Band with special guests Blackfoot in a tribute to the Lynyrd Skynyrd Legacy: 8 p.m. Friday, Oct. 18, at the Arcada Theatre, 105 E. Main St., St. Charles. $25-$89. (630) 962-7000 or arcadalive.com.
• Kenny G: 8 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 19, at the Arcada. $59-$89. arcadalive.com.
• Engelbert Humperdinck: 3 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 20, at the Arcada. $59-$99. arcadalive.com.
• Jefferson Starship: 7:30 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 20, at the Arcada. $39-$79. arcadalive.com.
• Last In Line: 9 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 23, at the Arcada. $39-$89. arcadalive.com.
• The Marshall Tucker Band: 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 24, at the Arcada. $39-$89. arcadalive.com.
Carry on …
Kansas, one of the biggest names in the prog-rock game since the mid-’70s, brings its classic catalog when the “Point of Know Return Tour” stops at the Genesee Theatre. The band will play through the entire “Point of Know Return” LP, as well as tackling other old favorites. Head to Waukegan for a night of classic hits. Kansas “Point of Know Return Tour”: 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 19, at the Genesee Theatre, 203 N. Genesee St., Waukegan. $45-$125. (800) 982-2787 or geneseetheatre.com.
Jeeps for Special Spaces
Naperville North High School hosts a unique fundraiser for Special Spaces, an organization dedicated to rebuilding and redecorating dream bedrooms for children suffering from long-term illnesses. The Naperville North Special Spaces club fundraiser will feature a Jeep car show, raffles, a taco truck and performances by West suburban indie rock bands Each Day and Primal Moon, who just released the new single “Broke Man.” 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 19, at Naperville North High School, 899 N. Mill St., Naperville. $5-$10 donation requested. facebook.com.
Bellezzo’s birthday bash
Johnny Personne brings bluesy rock to the headlining slot to celebrate Anthony’s Belated 33rd Birthday Bash, a night of favorites in honor of longtime scene supporter and photographer Anthony Bellezzo. PHLPHR, Absolute Phase, In Winds and After the Fight round out the bill. 7 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 20, at Cairo Pizza and Grill, 2009 Franciscan Way, West Chicago. $10. (630) 876-9600 or facebook.com.
• Brian Shamie is a Daily Herald multiplatform editor and local music junkie. Find him on Facebook or follow him on Twitter (@thatshamieguy) or Instagram (@chicagosoundcheck). Brian also keeps tabs on the Chicago-area music scene at chicagosoundcheck.com.